Arena Club Aquatics is a year round competitive swim team located in northern Harford County, Maryland. ACA competes in the Maryland LSC of USA swimming.
Arena Club Aquatics' mission is to develop and promote excellence in athletes as swimmers and people. Through self-discipline and hard work ACA swimmers will work to attain their highest potential.
ACA offers high quality professional coaching and technique instruction for all ages and abilities. The coaching staff provide a step by step progression to improve swimming skills and achieve success at all levels of ability, from novice to the national competitor.
The coaching staff has many years experience coaching in the Maryland area, as well as at programs across the east coast. Coaches on staff have produced Maryland State qualifiers and champions, All-Maryland qualifiers, YMCA All-Americans, Sectional qualifiers, USA Scholastic All-Americans, USA Top-16 qualifiers, and a Junior National Qualifier. Goal setting and commitment are some of the motivators our staff uses to develop and encourage a lifelong love of swimming.
This is the fourth season for the Summer Starz, a Harford County Swim League, summer team. The team is open to all swimmers 5-18 years old who can swim a length of the pool backstroke and freestyle. The season runs June-July, with daily practices and nine meets.
Click here for a registration form!
For more info on our program, visit our site dedicated to our swim team at http://www.arenaclubaquatics.com
Adults (20+ years) of all fitness levels are welcome. All workouts are modified to your needs or limitations. Click here for more information!
ASCA Level 3 (Level 5 Educated)
- 4 Years Head Coach of Arena Club Aquatics
- 1 Year part-time assistant with Johns Hopkins University, working with distance swimmers
- 7 Years Coaching with Harford Hurricanes (4 as Associate Head Coach)
- 3 years coaching John Carroll water polo and Men’s and Women’s Swimming
- 2 years Masters team coach at NBAC
- 2 years as part-time assistant with Johns Hopkins University, ran dry-land program (member of 2000 UAA Conference Coaching staff of theyear)
- 2 years assistant Masters team coach at Ancient Mariners (JHU)
- 1 year assistant coach (in charge of dry-land program) at Fort Lauderdale Swim Team
- 1 year assistant coach with the Pittsford Aquatic Club
- 2 years as Masters coach at University of Rochester
- 3 years assistant coach of Meadowbrook Tomatoes summer team
Has coached USA Top-16 swimmer, USA Academic All-Americans, USA Junior National qualifiers, YMCA All-Americans, YMCA Top-10 swimmers, and USA 'AAAA' time holders.
M.S.Ed. University of Miami 98; B.A. University of Rochester 96