Our Swim School is structured to provide a safe and nurturing aquatics experience for all students. From novice to competitive level swimmers, our lessons encompass proper swim instruction, technique, and endurance workouts. We offer swim lessons in both private and semi-private formats.
All children must be toilet trained in order to participate in swim lessons unless enrolled in an infant/parent class, in which case a swim diaper and a Tiny Tush plastic cover are required.
Swim Lesson Levels
Parent/Child (ages 6 months to 3 years)
This program puts you in the water with your child. Our instructors will lead you through fun activities and exercises that will teach your child the basic skills of buoyancy, propulsion, and breath control.
Our instructors will teach your child to become more confident in the water. They will learn how to control their breath, float, propel their body forward, submerge under the water, and begin arm and leg motions.
Our instructors will build on the Level 1 foundations of breathing, floating, and arm and leg actions. They will begin to self-propel through the water using alternating arm and leg actions. Treading water and beginning diving progressions will also be introduced.
School-age Level 3 will build on Level 2. Students will swim completely unassisted, begin to breathe to the side on
Adult Beginner (Available via Private Lessons)
Our instructor will teach breathing techniques, floating, swimming techniques, and stroke mechanics. You will learn to become more comfortable and confident in and around water. Participants will learn the following basic swimming skills: breathing patterns, floating, putting face in the
Levels 1-3 and Parent/Child
Mini Weekend Sessions
December 2 - December 17
Saturday & Sunday Schedule
Level 3 | 8:30 - 9:00 am
Level 2 | 9:00 - 9:30 am
Level 1 | 9:30 - 10:00 am
Parent/Child | 10:00 - 10:30 am
Level 1 | 10:30 - 11:00 am
Cost: $138 / Member Discounted Rate $108
*Must have at least 2 participants registered to run a class
*There are no make-ups given for missed sessions.
*Group lessons are not guaranteed the same instructor each week
*Lessons will run rain or shine, with the possible exception due to inclement weather conditions including, but not limited to, thunder, lightning, and extreme rainfall.
Private & Semi-Private Lessons
Our instructors will assess each swimmer at the beginning of their first
Private one-on-one instruction (4 Lessons)
Cost: $200 / Member Discounted Rate $160
Semi-Private two-on-one instruction (4 Lessons)
Cost: $296 ($148 per child) / Member Discounted Rate: $216 ($108 per child)
Lessons are scheduled by appointment with the instructor.
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A child aged 12 and under must pass a swim test in order to utilize the diving board and water slides.
Swim Test Rules:
- Any Child 12 or under must pass the swim test or must stay within arm’s reach of an adult.
- All guards can administer a swim test as long as they are not on stand.
- Anyone who passes the swim test will get a wristband on their hand from a lifeguard.
- Everyone who passes the swim test will have their name written in our swim test log, and entered into the computer, along with their date of birth, the year they passed, and the lifeguard's name.
- Any child can be asked to retake the swim test at any time (even if they have already passed).
- Children under 13 may complete one attempt per day to pass the swim test.
Swim Test Components
- Step or jump into the
Deepend of the Rec Pool and return to the surface.
- Tread water for 1 minute
- Float on back keeping your mouth and nose out of the water for 10 continuous seconds without kicking or grabbing on to the side of the pool.
- Swim 25 meters (1 continuous length of the pool without stopping or touching the side or bottom)
- Climb out of the pool without using the ladder.