There are many benefits to Personal Training, but check out The Arena Club's top 5!
1) Motivation: A trainer can help you get back on track and provide the motivation and accountability to help you stay focused. They are your coach, encourager, and your partner in working towards your goals. Have you hit a plateau? A Personal Trainer is what you need to help you push past the times that are tough. How many times have you thought to yourself, “Tomorrow I’m getting up, going to the gym first thing in the morning,” only to wake up and decide to skip it? Having an appointment with a Personal Trainer can hold you accountable to commit to your goals.
2) Education: A trainer can help you avoid injury by teaching you the proper way to execute an exercise. Many overuse injuries are attributed to doing repetitive actions with poor technique. Over time symptoms of injuries caused by bad technique will be exacerbated and could lead to a more serious condition. A Personal Trainer can teach you how use proper form and increase the effectiveness of your workout.
3) Goal Setting: Setting unrealistic fitness goals is setting yourself up for failure. With the knowledge of how the body works and responds to exercise, a Personal Trainer can help you set realistic and achievable goals that help you see results. A trainer can also help you measure and record your progress so that you can see benefits of your efforts. Achieving small milestones can also motivate you to continue to keep on, keeping on!
4) Tailor Your Program: Everyone's abilities and requirements are different when it comes to exercise. Someone recovering from an injury and working on mobility would have different goals and need different exercises than an athlete training for an event. A trainer's experience can make a huge difference in your training program and results.
5) Good For Your Mental Health: A Personal Trainer not only helps you with your exercise program, they are also there to help you improve your overall wellbeing. During exercise, natural, mood-boosting chemicals are released into the body, while harmful stress-related chemicals are reduced. Exercise helps you feel more energetic throughout the day, sleep better at night, and have a more positive outlook. Having that supportive and friendly relationship with your Trainer can help you have the mindset for success and use exercise as a powerful tool to feel better.